The Library Ad-Hoc Committee will hold its second meeting on Monday, August 6 at the Conference Center Room of the Main Library, located at 353 W. Commonwealth Ave. The Agenda can be viewed at this link: Agenda-12.
At the committee’s request, the meeting will begin with a short presentation by a member of SaveTheHunt.com about our Hunt 101 presentation last month.
The Regular Business Agenda includes the following items:
- Selection of a Chair and Vice-Chair, held over from the previous meeting.
- Prioritizing Council Direction Regarding the Purpose of the Library Ad Hoc Committee, evidently still not clearly understood by the Ad Hoc.
- Cost to Operate the Hunt Library as a Library, provided to the council numerous times, when they have continually declined to fund it.
- Requirements and Estimated Costs to Bring theHunt Library up to Current Standards for Publicly Accessible Buildings, a critical number to have when considering any use for the facility.
- Proposed Publicly Beneficial Uses of the Building and Grounds, the two important words here are “publicly” and “grounds.”
- Proposed Funding Sources for Improvement of the Building and Grounds, we’ll see what sources the members have identified.